In this article, we will give you detailed information about Seven Seas Cod Liver oil health benefits and medicinal use. Cod liver oil is a nutrient dense liquid that has been used in traditional medicine for hundreds of years in the World.
This is often taken as a daily supplement to protect and heal the human body from many different health problems. In today’s article, we will explore 15 facts and benefits of seven seas cod liver oil and how it works in the body.
What is Seven Seas Cod Liver Oil?
Cod liver oil is a good source of fat which improves muscle building effects of exercise. Seven Seas Cod liver oil is made with the combination of EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) & DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) which is beneficial for heart health, brain, skin, muscle and some other body organs.
Seven Seas Cod Liver Oil is a pure cod liver oil that contain ingredients like vitamin a, vitamin d, EPA and DHA. This softgel fish oil supplement is manufactured by Merk company. It is a rich and natural source of omega 3 fatty acids.
Seven Seas Cod Liver Oil Price
Seven Seas Cod liver oil is available in the form of soft gelatin capsules. Its 100 capsules pack price is Rs. 310. You can buy it online from popular E-commerce sites like Amazon, Flipkart etc. Genuine buying link of seven seas cod live oil supplement is given below –
Health Benefits of Seven Seas Cod Liver Oil
- Arthritis – Seven Seas Cod liver oil can help those suffering with all forms of arthritis as it is rich in Omega three fatty acids. Omega threes lower inflammation in the joints and work as a natural pain relief. Taking a daily supplement can help to reduce stiffness and swelling in the joints.
- Vitamin D – Over 1 billion people worldwide are deficient in vitamin D, which is needed for a strong immune system and to support bone health. Seven Seas Cod liver oil is one of the best natural sources of vitamin D and can help the body to absorb minerals for excellent overall health.
- Immunity – If you suffer with cold or flu infections often, then taking a good quality cod liver oil supplement can help. This supports your immunity in fighting off harmful viruses, bacteria and other pathogens from the environment. Fish oils are loaded with healing nutrients that help to keep your natural defenses high to disease.
- Brain health – We highly recommend taking seven seas cod liver oil if you suffer with memory problems, brain fog or poor concentration. Studies have shown that DHA found in cod liver oil can rapidly boost brain health and may help to prevent dementia with age. DHA is used as raw material to make the brain structure and its cells. This is extremely important in growing children especially and in pregnant women.
- Stress – Studies show that taking seven seas cod liver oil frequently reduces problems related to stress, anxiety and depression. The vitamin D and EPA found in cod liver oil helps the brain to regulate its stress response in creating feelings of peace. They also help to balance brain chemistry and neurotransmitters to help you sleep better at night.
- Heart Health – Seven seas Cod liver oil is perhaps most well known for its ability to strengthen the heart and cardiovascular system. The Omega three fatty acids reduce inflammation in the blood vessels and arteries to allow for normal blood flow. This helps the heart to pump oxygen rich blood around the body to support your billions of cells.
- Eye Health – Seven seas Cod liver oil is one of the best natural sources of retinol, also known as the active form of vitamin A. This helps to lubricate the eyes, reduce night blindness and protect the eyes from free radical damage. This can lower the risk of macular degeneration, cataracts, glaucoma and reduced vision with age.
- Sinus Problems – If you suffer with chronic sinusitis or have a blocked nose regularly, then you need to be getting more vitamin A into your diet. The active form of vitamin A in cod liver oil helps to reduce sinus infections and heal the internal skin in the nasal passages. This can also help with sleep apnea and preventing throat infections.
- Skin Problems – Many people suffer with dry, flaky skin, especially on the scalp, arms and around the ears. This is a classic vitamin A deficiency and can be fixed with cod liver oil and other foods like grass fed beef liver and egg yolks. If you are deficient in vitamin A, you will also be more likely to have pimples, acne, white bumps on the arms and other skin problems.
- Diabetes – Taking seven seas cod liver oil as a daily supplement can help to prevent the onset of diabetes and also help those currently suffering with it. Vitamin A found in cod liver oil reduces insulin resistance and helps the body to control its blood sugar levels. It does this by supporting healthy beta cells in the pancreas.
- Weight Loss – If you are trying to lose weight or burn off some extra pounds, seven seas cod liver oil is very useful. The insulin hormone must be kept down in the body in order to burn fat quickly. The fat soluble nutrients found in cod liver oil help to keep this hormone down so that you may tap into your own fat reserves for energy and lose weight.
- Lung Function – Scientific studies have also shown that cod liver oil can support healthy lungs and breathing. This is helpful for those suffering with asthma, bronchitis, COPD and other respiratory problems. The Omega three fatty acids and vitamin D within reduce inflammation in the lung and throat tissues.
- Bone Health – Vitamin D found in this oil can help the body to absorb and mobilize calcium and other minerals. This can make the bone stronger and less brittle with age, reducing the risk of osteoporosis and osteopenia.
- Menstrual Pain – If you are a woman who suffers with heavy periods and above average menstrual pain, then you may consider cod liver oil. The Omega threes help to naturally alleviate pain and also help the blood to flow more freely. We also recommend vitamin B twelve and eating lots of cruciferous vegetables to balance female hormones.
- Wound Healing – Scientists show that seven seas cod liver oil can be applied topically to cuts and wounds to speed up the healing process. The vitamin A is believed to help restore the structure of the skin very quickly and also reduce inflammation.
Seven Seas Cod Liver Oil Absorption
The important nutrients found in cod liver oil, such as DHA, EPA, vitamin A and vitamin D are fat soluble. To absorb these properly, you need a healthy digestive system and a working gall bladder.
If you struggle with digestion issues, you can take probiotic supplement daily to help absorb fat soluble, nutrients and Omega threes. Better is to stop using seven seas cod liver oil supplement if you have digestion issues and consult some doctor.
Cod Liver Oil Supplement
Most supplements you see in stores are highly processed and heated, which destroys their delicate nutrients. Unfortunately, cod liver oil can go rancid very quickly so it’s important to purchase a high quality seven seas cod liver oil that is mostly unprocessed.
If you can’t get a hold of this, we highly recommend Antarctic Krill oil from sustainable sources. This has very similar benefits to cod liver oil yet doesn’t go rancid very easily because it contains a natural preservative called Astaxanthin.
Seven Seas Cod Liver Oil Dosage
Before using any supplement be sure to read the label for the correct daily dosage. Storage fish oils contain delicate chains of Omega threes and fat soluble nutrients which become rancid easily.
To prevent this from happening, store them in the refrigerator in the same way that you would do with raw fish. As you can see seven seas cod liver oil has some fantastic health benefits for the human body especially when taken on a regular basis.
As per seven seas cod liver oil supplement, each capsule contain 300 mg omega 3. The recommended dose of fish oil is 500 mg to 1 gram a day for adults. Highest limit dose of fish oil is 3 gram a day.
You can take 3 softgels of seven seas cod liver oil in a day. You can use its 1 capsule after breakfast and 2 capsules before bed with water for best results.
Do not consume more than 3 gram fish oil per day. If you have some doubt regarding its dosage than consult some health expert before using it.
Seven Seas Cod Liver Side Effects
No side effects are associated with the use of cod liver oil if taken in recommended dosage. But in case of overdosing or some other health issues it can cause bloating, vomiting, nausea etc. like issues.
This supplement also contain Vitamin A and Vitamin D. If you take excess vitamin A than it can cause some serious health problems. Too much vitamin a can cause liver damage, skin problems, bone pain, brain pressure, blurry vision etc. like issues.
Vitamin D overdose can cause some issues like hypercalcemia which is responsible for kidney stone which is also a dangerous condition. So always take these supplements in moderation.
That is why it is advised to use these supplements by consulting some family doctor for better health.
Watch Seven Seas Cod Liver Oil Video:
Thanks for Reading…