In this article, you will get some information about Computer Network and different network computing models along with their arrangement images.
- A network is a set of devices or nodes that are connected via communication media or channel.
- A printer, computer, or any machine that is capable of communicating on the network is referred to as a device or node.
- We can also say that computer network is an interconnection of various computers to share software, hardware and data through a communication medium between them. The computers connected in a network share files, folders, applications and resources like scanner, web-cams, printers etc.
- The best example of computer network is the Internet.
Know about Computer Network Concept in Detail:
Network model describes the organization of nodes in the network. It refers to the way in which the different nodes are interconnected.
The different network computing models are:
- Centralized Model
- Distributed Model
- Collaborative Model
1. Centralized computing
- It is also known as client-server computing.
- In this type of system, multiple computers are joined to one powerful mainframe computer.
- The server or mainframe computer has huge storage and processing capabilities.
- The computers that are connected to the mainframe or server are called Clients or Nodes.
- These nodes are not connected to each other; they are only connected to server.
2. Distributed computing
- Distributed computing means that the task is divided among multiple computers.
- It interconnects one ore more personal computers or workstations.
- In distributed model the nodes are capable of processing their own data and rely on network for services other than data processing.
- It allows various services like network sharing, hardware sharing and file sharing.
3. Collaborative /Hybrid computing
- It is the combination of centralized and distributed computing.
- In collaborative computing, the nodes are able to serve the basic needs of their users but they are dependent on some other computers for processing some specific request.