WWE legend Triple H announces retirement from wrestling. Wrestling legend Triple H has revealed that he never plans to enter the ring again.
In an emotional interview with ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith, Triple H confirmed that he’s retiring from in-ring activity after suffering a cardiac event last year.
“There’s moments there where, when [the doctors are] putting you out for stuff, and you think, ‘Is this it? Do you wake up from this?’ That’s tough to swallow,” said Triple H, choking up.
The wrestler, whose real name is Paul Michael Levesque, told Smith that he first contracted viral pneumonia and began to cough up blood, prompting him to seek medical attention.
Doctors found fluid around his lungs and heart, and informed him that he was experiencing heart failure and needed to get to an emergency room immediately, he said.
“I was nosediving, and sort of at the 1-yard-line of … where you don’t wanna be for your family and your future,” he said.
Triple H is the current executive vice president of Global Talent Strategy & Development at WWE. He is also the creator and executive producer of the WWE brand NXT.
His full interview with Smith is scheduled to air Friday night on “Stephen A’s World.” For more content. Visit out website .